- Precontemplation: Stretchy pants are totally acceptable, I mean they are really comfortable. I still look good. I'm just having a few treats to feel better - I just got robbed after all.
- Contemplation: OK, real pants aren't fitting and now I have a noticeable muffin top (link just for my friend Phil). But thats OK - I have stretchy pants and they are comfortable. I still look OK and I don't feel like working hard to get out of stretchy pants. I am having a hard time with life stuff now. I am being comforted.
- Preparation/Determination: No more stretchy pants. This is making me feel really bad about myself. I sure need to make some changes. OK, I will enjoy the mother of all stretchy pant holidays blissfully. Yay Thanksgiving food! But then, on Monday, I will be working towards putting real pants on. I will do what it takes to fit in real pants again. I WILL NOT BUY NEW CLOTHES.
- Action/Willpower: Must get in real pants. I will CROSSFIT and watch what I eat. There is a new Weight Watchers program. Kind of paleo-y. I will do this and be dedicated to working the program. I will try real pants on everyday. And I will try not to get sad if I have to keep wearing stretchy pants. I will just keep working. I will think about real pants when I don't feel like working. This is where I am now friends.
- Maintenance: Where I want to be! I will be able to wear real pants any time I want. Anything in my closet will fit! Maybe I will have to buy new clothes. YES!
- Relapse: no no no! Must not put stretchy pants on to avoid the reality of real pants. Real pants don't lie!
|Me (3rd from the right) in some stretchy pants during a time in which I felt no shame wearing them. I worked my ass off in those stretchy pants.|