Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What a difference a few good days make...

I am definitely feeling better today.  I might even feel a tiny tiny teensie bit badass.  Mostly, its because I am eating better and exercising (and not beating myself up).

My breakfasts are the same pretty much everyday - 2 egg whites (although now having SOME yolk because they are farm fresh and I am supposed to taste the difference in the yolk), 1-2 slice(s) of bacon (2 slices if I don't eat the egg yolk) and a piece of fruit.

Lunches are the same pretty much everyday - big ass salad, cucumbers, bell pepper, protein of the day (like chicken or whatever I have for leftovers), fruit (grapes are my go to for salad) and 1/4 avocado.

Dinners are where I mix things up and try new things.  Here are a couple of pictures of my last 2 dinners.  I really don't use recipes much, nor do I pay attention to measuring stuff - but I did actually use a recipe this weekend.

Crockpottery
I tried a new crock pot recipe on Sunday.  I love crock pot sundays.  Fix and forget.  The recipe was in a crockpot cookbook that I need to give credit to, but I cannot for the life of me remember which one it was - sorry crockpot people.
The basics directions are:

  • salt and pepper 2 lbs of pork loin and put in bottom of crockpot
  • dump 1 chopped apple, sweet potato (large) and red onion on top
  • mix in separate bowl 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 2 Tbsp brown sugar and 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar and then dump on top of the whole thing
  • Crank the crock pot on to low and put the lid on.  Walk away and come back in 6-8 hours.

This was awesome and I highly recommend it.  I think you could cut out the brown sugar or at least half it.  And it makes delicious leftovers!  I've even put some of the pork on my big ass salad for lunch.

Big Ass Salad - mexican style
Ok, then tonight I whipped up this awesome salad:
layer the following:

  • greens
  • grape tomatoes
  • orange bell pepper
  • steamed corn off the cob (OMG - I don't care if corn is not paleo it is delicious and grew from the ground and isn't processed)
  • ground beef with sauteed onions and garlic, seasoned with chile powder, cumin, cinnamon, garlic salt.  I don't know how much of each spice - I just sprinkle it on and hope for the best.
  • top with a scoop of guacamole

*TIP - did you know Sam's has an awesome selection of fruits and veggies?  They are not all organic, but some are (like the greens) and are super cheap.  If you eat as much of the good stuff as I do, you can buy this stuff in bulk and it won't waste.

Hoping for an even better tomorrow!

P.S.  I did Fight Gone Bad 5 this past weekend - I forgot how freakin hard this WOD is - check out this face on the left - that is me - the first one  - I look like I am about to die.  This is me on the right when I finished - yes, it was that terrible.  However, when I do lay out on the floor like this, I know I have worked as hard as I possibly can and all you can do is lay on the floor and leave a sweat angel.

Photo from Jonathan
Totally unflattering photo by Jonathan

1 comment:

  1. Looks like yummy good food and a really hard workout.

    ReplyDelete