Thursday, December 16, 2010

Caved - I mean didn't deprive

So I REALLY wanted cake.  I don't know why.  Well, I mean I do love cake (que song...like a fat kid loves cake, check it, 3:03)...but I was going to wait til my birthday to eat a really good cupcake. But I didn't.  I caved, I mean tried to not deprive myself.

Sometimes if you want something and can't get it out of your head, I think you should have it.  Otherwise, if you try an alternative or fight it, you sometimes end up eating the alternative and the remaining contents of your fridge.

WW allows for the scratching of an itch like this.  You get the extra splurge points.

This week, I used all of my splurge points on random things like going out to eat with friends.  So I had just a few splurge points left, but still enough to enjoy a piece of cake.

Bought a slice of yellow cake with chocolate buttercream icing from Target (I think their secret recipe rhymes with etty focker) with full intentions of only eating half of it.  Just enough to scratch the itch.

I ate the whole damn thing.  Stupid cake.  3 pound weight gain overnight and weigh in day today.

Cake and I really shouldn't play together.

7 comments:

  1. For me (and this may not be the case with you), eating the cake allows me an escape from my life/feelings for a few minutes, but yelling at myself about eating the cake can help me do that for HOURS. That's how I roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAAAAAA - EXACTLY!

    However, writing this up helped. I've moved on. It is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok Mel, we're going to spinning tonight. woot! weight gain from cake be gone....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does that mean I can forget the birthday cake when you come home? I'll bet not. Looking so forward to your being here and us having birthday cake together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there with you, Melinda. Yesterday at work, I finally caved into the choco-fest in the breakroom. And the bagels. And the Harry&David Moosemunch. But I have been thinking about what you wrote in your last post about "being accountable." I am not sure there is any way I could be accountable for the amount of sugar I ingested yesterday, but I didn't fall of the edge of the world like I usually do. Instead of eating a whole bunch of crap in addition to my "good" food, I just subbed out one for the other. Ideal? Hardly. But I didn't hate myself when I woke up this morning, and my sugar craving is gone. Not a bad end to the story, says I. Thanks for your good perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No way Mom! I NEED birthday cake like I need to breathe air! Looking forward to seeing you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Erin! I think that is a great end to the story! P.S. I love the moosemunch.

    ReplyDelete