Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Fat Body In Motion

I don't know guys.  I have nothing major to say other than a fat body can move.  And move pretty well.

No excuses.

I've got aches and pains - but you know what?  I'm freaking 40 and menopausal.  I think that is pretty much part of the deal.  I can work around it.

So I move.  I might be slower.  I might scale.  I might not do it "just so".  But I MOVE!

I Crossfitted a few times in the last week - and perhaps my I had wholebodyitis afterward, but I showed up and completed the WODs.  Sans buddy even!

And today, I went back to Pilates - and I surprised myself by how much muscle memory I had and how well I moved through the exercises.  I kept thinking to myself during these exercises, wow, this fat body is really doing this.  Yay!

I have a feeling that this had a lot to do with the fact that I have been doing active release therapy.  But whatever.  I MOVED.  And it was good.

A fat body can move.  And groove.  Just sayin'.  Do people still say that?

1 comment: