Monday, July 26, 2010

Negative Nancy

So tonight was Nancy at Crossfit.  Freakin Nancy.

Nancy is 5 rounds of 400m run / 15 Overhead Squats (Rx was 65 lbs, I went with 45lbs).

Let me paint the picture for the start of Nancy.  It was a brisk 95ish degrees.  Oh, excuse me, this was a cool front from the 102 it was yesterday.  Freakin Nancy.

I strolled in thinking, good, this will be a decent test for how I will run the dash.  The dash is about 3-4 miles with WOD's in between.  So Nancy was like a third of what the dash will be.  Freakin Nancy.

The dash is on 28 Aug, so it will be m effing hot then too.  Freakin Nancy.

Blog friends, it was ugly.  I was a full round behind everyone else.  I think I ended with a time of 20:24.  Fail.

FREAKIN NANCY!  FREAKIN METRODASH!

What have I done?  I fear that I am in way over my head with this race.  I have to do 3 Nancy's plus some extra stuff like running stairs and climbing walls?  Oh my geez.  OH HOLY COW!

Sigh...but I will survive.  I will survive!

Uh oh, I'm about to break out in song*...

Oh Negative Nancy go - walk out the door
just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore
weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with hip pain
you think I'd crumble
you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive
as long as I know how to run
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my life to give
and I'll survive
I WILL SURVIVE!

I digress.

So I also tried out my new kicks today.  No hip pain yet!  Score!

Here is a picture of dinner from this evening.  Grilled raspberry chipotle marinated pork chop topped with avocado and cilantro.  Lots o' broccoli.  This was OK.  Not the best, but OK.  Asparagus would have been a better side.  Plus my cute dishes were dirty - these are OK, but not my fave.  Presentation is everything.




Finally, a happy end note.  My fun tank tops from my new friends over at paleoblocks arrived today!  I can't wait to wear them!


*thanks Gloria Gaynor for some awesome lyrics to play with



2 comments:

  1. Good blog tonight. Loved the song. I was singing right along by the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog! You're a fantastic writer. And those shirts are so cute. Negative Nancy - walk out that door! :-)

    ReplyDelete