Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week in review - July 19

This week has gone pretty well.  Monday was pretty terrible as my body went through crap food withdrawal.  But after that, no problemo and body is once again cooperating with me.  


Nutrition
I'm pretty paleo.  I have had some condiments that aren't paleo in the strict circles, but I am allowing them to make eating more fun.  Also, I accidentally had a fake beer at this wine festival (they didn't have fake wine - wait - I didn't even ask them if they did - crap).  I am serious that it was an accident - I wasn't even thinking and just ordered it. I guess I was more focused on my foods rather than beverages.   Anywho - it happens.  No biggee.  It was refreshing as it was a pavement egg frying 100 degrees.


My breakfasts are generally 2 hard boiled egg whites + 2 slices of whole foods bacon + pear and sunbutter.  Lunch is usually a big ass salad with chicken, sunflower seeds and olive oil and then some fruit.


Dinners are where I like to switch it up.  I'd say my cooking style is KISS (keep it simple stupid).  Usually meat or fish and a veggie.  And usually grilled.


I'll start posting some pictures - here is my dinner from tonight:




This is Wahoo steak marinated in teriyaki sauce and grilled.  Sided with brocolini (drizzled with teriyaki sauce) and watermelon for dessert.  This was awesome and I would definitely recommend that you run, not walk to your nearest fishery to purchase Wahoo.  It was buttery and delicious.






I feel great when I eat this way.  Why is it so hard to remember how great you feel when cupcakes tempt you?  Damn cupcakes.


Fitness
I had planned on running at least twice this week in addition to my regular workouts, but I did not.  I did, however, meet with my Crossfit buddy and super kick ass runner, Erin to talk about running.  She has graciously (and perhaps unwittingly with regards to me possibly hating her and saying many many f words) agreed to help me learn to run.   We are going to run twice a week together until the big dash.  Thanks Erin.  


I also went to Fleet Feet in Carrboro to get some new kicks that hopefully will allow me to run hip pain free.  Will test them out this week!


Here is my exercise recap for the week:
Crossfitted:  4 times
Spun:  2 times
Yoga'd:  1 time


The schedule was 6 days on 1 day off.  I am not sure that worked very well because by Saturday I was too pooped to do well in my yoga class.  I have done this schedule before and not had problems - so we'll see how it goes this week.  I want to listen to my body, but I also want to train and be prepared for the ole dash.  My body said rest today and I did.  Yay rest!  


I should mention that I have lost 9 pounds this week.  But this is typical after hard core carbapalooza.  Its mostly water that I gained from all of the carbs and sugary processed crap.  Also, just goes to show how bloated people are that eat crap.  And how uncomfortable it must be (oh it is, it is indeed).


Social
I am single.  Damn it.  Apparently, word on the street is that my husband is not going to come knocking on my door.  You mean I have to put myself out there?  Yes, yes you do.  Damn it.


So I think this is totally connected to my health.  So perhaps I will periodically report on my social endeavors.  It could be comical, but I am thinking it will probably just be sad.  I'm just sayin'.


Anywho - I put myself out there on one of those online dating things.  FULL of whammies.  Sigh...


Also, I put myself out there at aforementioned wine festival.  And imagine my surprise when I actually enjoyed myself...while talking to a boy.


Holy Hannah this was a super long post.

6 comments:

  1. yay for you! i'm restarting whole 30 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was I for said boy conversation?? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three things.
    1. I really like reading your blog.
    2. You're going to be _fine_ for the dash. There's absolutely no reason to think otherwise.
    3. It's some freak accident of nature that you're single. Erin agrees. (Are boys blind/stupid?!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Phil. The world needs more Phils.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an inspiration to me. I'm having a hard time going more than 3 or 4 days paleo because of social influences. Alcohol is the precursor to carbfest. Makes no sense knowing how eating good makes you feel and then choosing to stuff your face with day old cake (blushes). Garrr!

    I'm single too. Don't try to make sense of it - there is none. I would love to go out together sometime. Saturday morning at Umstead has good scenery ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Channa. I don't drink thank goodness or I fear I would never ever ever be able to do Paleo for exactly that reason. I guess you just have decide to do it and do it. Oh, and always have paleo food around and available to you!

    I'd love to take in some scenery sometime ;)

    ReplyDelete