Monday, January 24, 2011

Dear Corpulent Friends

WOW.

From Hathi Trust Digital Library
I came across this in the news tonight. Take 10 minutes and read it over.  Super interesting to me.

A few things to say:

1)  Paleo was alive and well in 1864:  this guy eliminates bread, butter, sugar, beer, milk and potatoes.
2)  I would much rather be called fat than corpulent.  Seriously, the synonyms listed for corpulent make me want to crawl into the fetal position in shame.
3)  Vegetables apparently had no place on the 1864 table.
4)  Fat people were ostracized in 1864, too.

Published in the July, 1903 issue of MODERN PRISCILLA.










And for you dirty corpulent folks, how about some obesity soap?  Nothing gets rid of fat like soap!

I love history.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, I can reduce fat without dieting OR GYMNASTICS? I'VE BEEN DOING ALL THESE GYMNASTICS TRYING TO REDUCE FAT.

    ReplyDelete