Friday, January 14, 2011

Good Advice

My return to Crossfit has indeed been eye opening.  I am REALLY trying to check my ego at the door.  I am scaling all over the place and scaling alot.  I mean, I haven't been gone that long, WTF.  I think my confidence is shaken and only time and proper scaling (not sandbagging) will get it back.

Me learning "Beast" skills
We worked on handstands on Wed and I was able to kick up into mine just fine.  It was a great feeling to know that all was not lost and that one of the things that we do that consistently brings a smile to my face, I was still able to do.  Yay me!

Side note:  we were working on hand stand push ups and I went down a whole inch and a half!  This was after a few kick ups and me saying, "nothing's happening!"  Yay me again!

The WODs, as well as my spinning class, are leaving me in heaps on the floor drenched in sweat.  And it feels hard.  Really really hard.  This, I think, is due to being out of shape and has nothing to do with my confidence.

There is a Crossfit saying that if you don't fear your workout, it isn't hard enough.  Believe me Crossfit, I fear you.  Especially the freaking thrusters.

A weird body note:  I am experiencing some pretty hard core stomach pain lately when I get really hungry.  After much cyberdiagnosing - maybe I have an ulcer?  But this could just be my hypochondria talking.  At any rate, I completed the WOD last night with some severe stomach pains.  So I get extra credit for showing up and pushing through the pain.

Oh, and I was talking my friend Erin, whom I respect VERY VERY much (recall she was my amazing trainer for the MetroDash), about how I am feeling upon my return to Crossfit.

Her advice, "harden the fuck up"!  I love Erin.

P.S.  I weighed in yesterday at WW.  I was up .8lbs.  WTF.  I am totally on board with this program.  And I like it.  But I just hope that it is going to work for me.  I trust my WW leader, so I will keep on keepin' on.  My Mom says that if I keep doing good things for my body, it will recognize it and I will see the results I want to see.  Sigh...Must. Push. Through.

1 comment:

  1. We need to have "harden the fuck up" on a teeshirt!

    You rock at the handstands! I'm terrified of being upside-down so I'm still stuck practising headstands or kneeling on a box and leaning over the edge for the HSPUs. Love that pic, though! You are totally beast :)

    ReplyDelete