Monday, May 9, 2011

Fashion Fail

My new body does not fit into my clothes. Well, technically, my clothes don't fit because my body got bigger, but what I'm getting at is my upper half has a new shape. From the front, I don't look that different in clothes, but from the side, it is really weird. I'm flat on the top and it looks like my tummy is distended. Whereas before, my large gazoongas balanced a larger tummy and it looked proportional.

Today mom and I went to the mall for a few minutes to look for some short sleeved shirts for me. I realized I now have to have a whole new style as I typically select form fitting items in solid colors and these things just don't look very good on me now.

I have no idea what this new style is. Plus I'm about to be hairless so I feel like it needs to be more feminine. Hairless and chestless. What can i wear to deal with these fashion dilemmas and still be me?

I feel like I am going from middle school to high school. I can be anyone I want.

Ooooooo. Maybe this is a good thing. I could start wearing giant jewelry and flowers and prints. And dresses and skirts! I bet I could throw down the cancer card and get away with something really funky.

Now I am overwhelmed. Sigh. Stupid cancer. Who wants to help me reinvent Melinda?

5 comments:

  1. Shopping? I am SO down to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sign me up for a trip to the mall! I lovelovelove shopping, and shopping for other people is absolutely the best! Really, I am good at dressing other people and would love to shop with you to create your new look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a member of the more small chested set, I am fond of embellished tees - think ala J.Crew, where the front is covered in ruffles, appliquéd flowers, and beads. Also, for some weird reason, high-necks don't really work. Avoid turtle-necks or super high crew necks. Boat necks and scoop are your friend - just trust me. Oh, and layering. Layering is key. Go find a cute khaki/blue jean jacket. Oh, and a wrap. They have a ton at nordstrom rack - long cardigan wraps that flow. And have I mentioned my friend, the gauzy scarf? Through it over a plain t-shirt, and not only are you a fashionista, you also have dimension. (Clearly I've had a small chest for years, so I've had time to work at the specifics.) The Best thing? 3-4 $5 scarves from H&M basically make a single t-shirt 3-4 outfits. Oh, and now would be the perfect time to buy knee high leather riding boots. Tuck those skinny jeans in (I know what your thinking, but trust me - its about balancing the whole body) and layer that top!

    okay, that was a lot. But as a hip-heavy, small-busted girl, I get remaking proportions with clothing. :-D. Did I mention ruffles? :-D

    Cheers,

    - Sara C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Sara's advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara you are a genius. Thank you so much for the thoughtful response.

    Kristen and murph, shopping fo sho!

    ReplyDelete