Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Support Cradle

Tonight I went out to see the Durham bulls With my friends from Crossfit Durham. Pretty much all of my favorite people were there.

No one cared that i was flat chested carrying around my drains in a kangaroon papoose pocket. Most everyone I saw was just genuinely happy to see me. I'm not sure I have ever in all my years allowed myself to believe this.

But I did tonight and It felt like a big ole cradle of support.

P.S. I got several hugs tonight (understandably they hugged gingerly). It was weird to feel someone against my new chest. I don't know how to explain it. It was weird, but better I think. I felt closer to them, maybe. They were touching my heart, literally. I think hugs are my new favorite.

2 comments:

  1. You looked the picture of health, Melinda. Or should I say, the picture of Holy Healthy Melinda.

    You're going to beat that stupid cancer.

    And we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs are my favorite too. Way better than kisses. *air hug!*

    ReplyDelete