Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful - Day 1

There is a thing on facebook that people are doing - 30 days of being thankful.

Thankful is a weird word.

Anyway, I think it would be excellent for me to do this to help me see that it is not always about how shitty things are.  I know this, but actually typing out some things might help it sink in and help pull me out of my dark space.

I will write 10 things every day.  Even if they are small, like I am thankful for the hot water in my shower.  Here goes Day 1, in no particular order.

I am thankful...

  • that I had 17 fun filled years to enjoy my precious Tboz.  I would never give that up to avoid the pain I feel now.
  • that I can call my mom any time and feel better
  • that my Dad has started texting me
  • that I have friends that are willing to help me out of the dark spaces
  • that my body, after all it has been through, can do crossfit, spinning, yoga and pilates
  • that I have good insurance
  • that I have a nice home (even though it feels pretty empty now)
  • that I have a flexible job at a time that I need it to be flexible
  • that I am going home to Texas for the holidays
  • for soft sheets

2 comments:

  1. And I am thankful for you - not just because you are my daughter and my only living child, but because you've grown into a woman who is my friend. You have had such a rough year, but you are strong and I'm confident you can get through anything life throws at you even though there are times right now that you think that just doesn't seem possible.

    And I, too, am thankful that you'll be home in Texas for both Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'll have the soft sheets on the bed!

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I don't even need to call really. Sometimes just read something from Mom and I feel better. Thanks, Mom.

    ReplyDelete