Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful - Day 3 and 4

Picture from here.
I skipped yesterday so I will write 20 things I am thankful for:

  • Pedicures
  • Massage Chairs
  • My friend Jessica for being there for me during my cancer diagnosis and surgery
  • My friend Joanna for helping me through that terrible day that I lost my sweet Tboz
  • The fact that my friend Mark was at the vet this morning when I finally picked up my sweet Tboz' remains
  • Apple support - helped me restore function to itunes which is like my life support system
  • Itunes - music is healing
  • My friend Beatrice for porpoise checking
  • Jeans that fit
  • Pumpkin bread
  • Mornings that no alarm clock goes of
  • My hair growing back
  • My neighbor Caroline who came over the night before Tboz was let go and she just hugged me and later told me she didn't think that Tboz would make it much longer.  This helped me so much to hear that.  To know that others saw her suffering and therefore validated my decision.
  • My jeep, Sunshine.  She just hit 50,000 miles and I still love driving her.
  • Facebook.  Its such a huge timesuck, but really helps me stay connected when all I want to do is isolate.
  • The beauty that is fall
  • My freedom to write this blog and speak my truth.  The truth will ALWAYS set you free.  You are only as sick as your secrets.
  • Belly laughs.  Not forced "as if" laughs, but real spontaneous laughter that makes your belly hurt.
  • Clean clothes.  Man I hate to put away laundry, but I sure do love the look, smell and feel of clean clothes.  I consider myself lucky to be able to have clean things.
  • My cholesterol has finally come down ALOT (from 353 to 212).  Got the results yesterday and the medication and Paleo is working.  

1 comment:

  1. I still like the Chicks, but that's a strange video. 212 - good for you! That's something I'm thankful for.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete