Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Yippee-ki-yay Monster Trucker!

OH HOLY RUN SUCK!  The time has come!  They have released the challenge map for the dash!

Google Maps says its 4.8 miles and will take a walker an hour and 39 minutes.  Of course this is an estimate.  But it is nice to know what I am up against.  I am guessing I will try to do lots of run / walk cycles like Erin taught me.  I need to get one of those watches that Bea told me about that beep telling me when its time to walk.  I need one of these fo sho.  I won't have Erin.  :(

Good news on the challenge front too.  All tabata stuff - which I am totally prepared for and then the gauntlet, which will be fun and is all sorts of crossfitty with tires and a wall and everything.

They tell you the order in which to do the challenges, but they don't care how you run/walk there.  So I think I am going to try and off road it occasionally.  Maybe that will shave some mileage.  Sidewalk Schmidewalk.  Two of the challenge points are on either side of a cemetary.  Perhaps I shouldn't off road that one.  And one of the routes passes "Pie Town", I think I should avoid that one too.  It's not cupcakes, but tempting nonetheless.

I think I might be getting a tiny bit excited.

I've got 2 friends coming to spectate and support and I am so grateful they will be there as my piece of normal.  Plus I have a supportive team - so in Anna's words, it'll be all good.

Yippee!

P.S.  Have you ever seen that Orbit fresh mouth commercial?  Who are you calling cootie queen you lint licker!  I am not a big fan of the profanity, but I sure do enjoy the replacements.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it could be fun. Have you checked the weather? Looks like it's really going to be pretty nice when you get started. Have you got your sunscreen and are you going to put it on? Just can't stop being a mom. Love you & GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not in fact thought of sunscreen. Shocking I know. I'll have to add to my bag! Thanks Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carry water and fuel! You don't want to dry up or bonk! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear about your great day!

    ReplyDelete